Travel Insurance

Travel Insurance

0343 658 0325

Call us: Monday - Friday: 8am - 7pm
Saturday: 9am - 5pm

Frequently asked questions

Am I covered if I am pregnant?

Pregnancy is not deemed to be an illness and therefore is only covered if complications arise with the pregnancy. However note that airlines may not carry a pregnant woman flying around her due date. There is no cover under the policy if an airline refuses to board the passenger. 

What is a policy excess?

Most sections of the policy carry an Excess. This is the first amount of any claim that you will have to pay. The amount may vary depending on the level of cover you have chosen. It is applicable per person per section. The Excess will be reduced to NIL if you have used an EHIC (Formally E111) to reduce your medical expenses bill or paid the Excess Waiver upgrade.

What is a Pre-existing Medical Condition?

For the purposes of this insurance, a pre-existing medical condition is considered to be:

- Any medical condition where you have been prescribed medication, including repeat prescriptions, or received treatment or attended a GP or a specialist as an outpatient or inpatient in the last 2 years or for which you are currently on a waiting list for treatment or investigation; 

- Any illness for which you have received a terminal prognosis or any heart, heart-related or circulatory condition; or any respiratory condition; any stress, anxiety, depression or any other psychological condition; any cancerous condition; or any cerebral condition; any undiagnosed symptoms that may require treatment in the future (i.e. symptoms for which you are awaiting investigations/consultations, or awaiting results of investigations, or where the underlying cause of the symptoms has not been established).

How do I make a travel insurance claim?

If you need to make a claim, please call 02380 177468 or you can submit a claim online at www,

How do I make a Gadget Cover claim?

Trent-Services (Administration) Limited deal with all claims matters for Gadget Cover. If you need to make a claim, phone the Claims Helpline on 02077 851 702.

All claims must be submitted on a claim form, within 48 hours of discovering the incident or in the event of an incident occurring outside the UK within 48 hours of Your return, accompanied by original invoices, receipts, reports, etc. Please refer to the relevant Section of your policy for specific conditions and details of the supporting evidence that Trent-Services require. Please remember that it is always advisable to retain copies of all documents when submitting your claim.

What are the Conditions and Exclusions?

Terms and Conditions are another expression for the Policy Wording. You need to read the Policy Wording carefully because it sets out the cover that you have purchased and also the conditions that you need to meet in order to make a claim.

What is a Cooling-off Period?

You have 14 days from receiving the policy wording to read it and see that it gives you the cover you require. During this time you can cancel the policy and receive a refund of your premium provided you have not already made a claim, that there is not an impending claim and that you have not already started your holiday or journey. If the request to cancel is received outside of the 14 days cooling off period, please call the Travel Helpline number with the reasons for cancellation.

When skiing what am I covered for?

Provided you have chosen our Travel Insurance with Winter Sports Cover, you are covered for: ski equipment, piste closure, avalanche cover, ski hire, ski pack costs up to the limits shown on the summary of cover. Activities covered are:

  • Cat skiing (with guides)
  • Snow Blading (no jumping, tricks)
  • Cross country skiing
  • Snow Bobbing
  • Glacier skiing
  • Snow Scooting
  • Ice hockey
  • Snow Shoe Walking
  • Langlauf (cross country skiing)
  • Snow Shoeing
  • Monoskiing (not for time trials/speed skiing or racing)
  • Snow Tubing
  • Skiing on piste
  • Snowblading
  • Skiing or snow-boarding Off-piste (within local ski patrol guidelines)
  • Snowboarding on piste
  • Sledging/tobogganing
  • Tobogganing

No cover will apply in respect of any Personal Accident or Personal Liability claims:

  • Kite Snowboarding
  • Snow Carting
  • Snow Go Karting
  • Snowmobiling
  • Skidoo
  • Snowmobile safari
  • Snowmobile safari

You will not be covered for any claims arising directly or indirectly when engaging in or practising for the following sports and activities:

  • Aerial Skiing
  • Air boarding
  • Biathlon
  • Bobsleigh
  • Freestyle Skiing
  • Heli skiing or heli boarding
  • Ice Climbing
  • Ice Diving
  • Ice fishing by snowmobile (snowmobile driven by guides)
  • Ice fishing by snowmobile (snowmobile not driven by guides)
  • Ice Holing
  • Ice Marathon
  • Ice Speedway
  • Nordic Skiing
  • Paraskiing
  • Ski acrobatics/Aerials
  • Ski Bob Racing
  • Ski jumping
  • Ski Mountaineering
  • Ski Race Training
  • Ski racing
  • Ski Randonee
  • Ski stunting
  • Ski Touring
  • Ski Yawing
  • Skiing Off-piste (outside local ski patrol guidelines/ outside recognised and authorised areas)
  • Snow Biking
  • Snow cat Driving
  • Snow Kiting
  • Snow Parascending
  • Snowboarding off-piste (outside local ski patrol guidelines/outside recognised and authorised areas)
  • Tandem skiing

You are not covered when engaging in organised competitions or when skiing against local authoritative warning or advice.

If You are undertaking a pursuit or activity which is not listed in this policy or are in any doubt as to whether cover will apply, please call Our Travel Helpline as quoted on Your Certificate of insurance.

What do I do if I need medical assistance when travelling?

If You have a medical emergency, please call 00 44 (0) 2380 644633. These lines are open 24 hours a day.

International Medical Rescue will provide immediate help if you are ill or injured outside your Home Country. They provide a 24-hour emergency service 365 days a year. When contacting them you will need to quote your Policy Number, your name, address and a telephone number.

You must contact the medical emergency assistance team as soon as possible before incurring expenses over £500.

You must retain receipts for medical and additional costs incurred and the excess must be paid by you at the time of treatment.

Note: If you are physically unable to contact the assistance team then you or someone designated by you must contact the team within 48 hours.

Can we travel independently on our Couple/Family travel insurance policy?

Adults can travel independently. Dependant children on an Annual Multi-trip policy can travel independently of the main insured Persons provided they are accompanied at all times by a Responsible Adult.

Can I extend the maximum duration of 31 days per trip on an Annual Multi-trip policy?

No, the maximum trip duration is 31 consecutive days.

Do you offer cover for over 65s?

Yes, the maximum age for a Single Trip and Annual Multi-trip policy is 79.

For customers aged over 79, we can still arrange cover through our partners at

Click here to get a quote today

Do you cover non-UK residents?

No, this policy is only available to residents of the UK.

Can children be covered if they are under 18?

Providing they are travelling together with parents. If they are travelling on their own they must be escorted to the departure point and met at arrival by a responsible adult.

When do I need to purchase my travel insurance?

If you want cancellation cover in place for a holiday, then it should be purchased when you book your holiday. Annual policyholders will be informed when they need to renew their policy.

What do I need to take on holiday with me?

Please ensure that you take a copy of your booking invoice and/or certificate and a copy of the policy wording. These documents contain important numbers that you may require whilst travelling.

Am I covered for cancellation?

Cancellation means that you will not have started your trip so you may be able to claim on the insurance (subject to the policy terms & conditions) for any travel or accommodation costs that you have either already paid or are contracted to pay, that you cannot get back from the tour operator etc. However, the reason for cancellation has to be one of those listed under the cancellation section of the policy.

What is an Excess Waiver?

You can pay an additional premium so that you do not have to pay any excesses, should you need to make a claim. Please note that Excess Waivers can only be added at the time of purchasing the insurance and cannot be added on later. In addition the excess will not be incurred for medical emergency caused by voluntary labour where the excess is increased to £250.

What is an EHIC?

European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) will entitle you to certain free or reduced cost health arrangements in the EU, EEA or Switzerland. (Full details are given in the DSS Leaflet No. SA40). You can get an EHIC Card  by visiting
NB: In the event that you have used the EHIC to effectively reduce the cost or your treatment or medicines; then you will not have to pay an Excess in relation to any medical related claims.

What vaccinations do I need?

You should check with your doctor as soon as possible, your doctor will be best advised to tell you what vaccinations are required, if any.

Can I change my policy?

Changes can be made at any time, as long as there are no known claims on the policy. If you wish to add any optional extra's to your policy this can be done at any time too. There is one exception which is excess wavier. Please contact the Travel Helpline on 01293 855876